Tuesday 28 August 2012

#13: And When The End Is Nigh

It has finally come to end of this blog assignment, an assignment to come up with posts of what inspires one to think creatively. It's been a really fun ride, to see in things in new perspectives, to see the beauty and creativity in everything.

As my final post, I honestly would have to say that this assignment had my eyes peeled open on what would inspire me creatively, on what would allow me to take a step back and breathe. Doing this blog is definitely something I enjoyed, writing about what I love, sharing what I find interesting and falling back in love with things things I tend to overlook, with things that, although simple in nature and laid open in plain sight, have somehow taken a back seat.

Working on this blog for the past weeks have taught me to look for inspiration in simple things, in things complex in nature, in photographs, in books, in music, in events and the people around me. Sometimes, we just have to stop a moment and look around. Stop a moment and really be open to everything around us. When we do, we discover, or rather, rediscover, things about ourselves and all that surround us. When we pause a while to drink in the moment, a moment when we find ourselves reflecting on what we love, on what inspires us, that is when we can be truly thankful for a lot of things. Thankful for music which reflects our feelings, for books which become our constant companions, and for people who are an extension of who we are.

P.S.: Thank you, Ms Ruth :)

2 comments: